Imaging Tips and Troubleshooting
If you are getting an error that your browser is not compatible
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools|Compatibility View Settings. (Press ALT T for Tools menu)
Under "Add this website:", type caddoclerk.com
- Click the Add button
Installing the ActiveX Control for Viewing
- Click here to download the ActiveX
- Choose Run and wait for the file to download
- Follow the prompts to install the ActiveX
- Once installed, click here. Press the Begin Installtion button to check that all seven pieces have installed.
- Internet Explorer may stop working the first time you do Step 4. If it does, just repeat Step 4.
Note for Users of 64-bit operating systems
You must use the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer for viewing images. If you click Start, All Programs. You should see two versions of Internet Explorer. DO NOT use the version that says 64-bit.
Note for Customers Using the html Viewing Option
When printing using the html view option, your account is charged based on the number of pages chosen on the FIRST print window (the one with the "print as pdf" option). Once the pdf displays, if you then choose a different number of pages, this has no effect on the number of pages charged. If you are using the pdf images to view because the quality is better, you are being charged as if you had printed it. We recommend that you use the Active-X for viewing. The quality of the image is better and you have much more control over printing.
Preliminary testing seems to indicate that our websites will work as intended on OS X with Safari 5.1.9 - Safari 6.0. Users with other versions MAY still be able to use our site using two browsers - Safari to view indexes and Firefox 17 ESR to view images (using html and unchecking the print as pdf checkbox). The Clerk's Office is not able to provide support for Macintosh computers.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO INSTALL THE ACTIVE-X USING THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE, CHECK THE FOLLOWING:
Compatibility View Settings
- 1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools|Compatibility View Settings
2. Under "Add this website:", type caddoclerk.com
- 3. Click the Add button
- 4. Click the Close button
Make Sure We Are a Trusted Site
- 1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools | Internet Options
- 2. Click the Security Tab
- 3. Click Trusted Sites
- 4. Click the Sites button
5. Uncheck the box that says "Require server verification (https:)"
6. Under "Add this website to the zone:", type *.caddoclerk.com
- 7. Click the Add button
- 8. Click the Close button
- 9. Click the OK button
Turn Off Pop-up Blockers
- 1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools | Internet Options
- 2. Click the Privacy Tab
3. Uncheck the box that says "Turn on Pop-up Blocker"
- 4. Click the OK button
- 5. Turn off pop-up blockers for ALL toolbars as well using these instructions.
Check Internet Explorer Settings
- 1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools | Internet Options
- 2. Click the Security Tab
- 3. Click Trusted Sites
- 4. Click the Custom Level button
- 5. Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls should be set to “Enable”
- 6. Download signed ActiveX controls should be set to or “Enable”
- 7. Download unsigned ActiveX controls should be set to “Prompt”
- 8. Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting” should be set to “Prompt”
- 9. Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt should be set to “Disable”
- 10. Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting should be set to “Enable”
11.File download should be set to “Enable”
- 12. Allow script-initiated windows without size or position constraints should be set to “Enable”
- 13. Use Pop-up Blocker should set to "Disable"
- 14. Click the OK button
- 15. Click the OK button
If the Active X Still Won't Install or You are Still Unable to View
Try downloading and installing the ActiveX manually by clicking here. Once the file is downloaded, double-click on the file and follow the directions to install. You may need to right-click on the file and choose "Run as Administrator" for it to install correctly. Once installed, you may have to go through the Online Installation instructions above to make sure there is a green check beside each piece of the viewer.
Still Can't View?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Operating System, your browser version, and a detailed description of what is happening when you try to view. If necessary, you may be required to download and install Teamviewer. For faster service, visit http://www.teamviewer.com and download the latest version.
SUIT NUMBER ERROR WHEN SEARCHING CIVIL BY NAME
When searching for Civil Suits by name, If you get an error message that reads "Please enter a suit number to search for," your PC has Internet Explorer 10.0 installed. Add our site to Compatibiliy View using the instructions above.
DATE ERRORS WHEN SEARCHING (113 FOR 2013)
If search dates are prefilling incorrectly, i.e. 113 instead of 2013, then your PC has Internet Explorer 10.0 installed. Add our site to Compatibily View using the instructions above.
IF YOU SEE A BLANK GREEN ONBASE LOGIN SCREEN WHEN TRYING TO INSTALL THE ACTIVEX
You have not completely installed the ActiveX control. Close the window and click the Begin Installation button again. You may see this window several times before the control is installed. When it is completely installed, you should see a list of seven files with a green check mark beside each one and a Login button at the bottom. Do NOT log in here. Close this screen down and go into the Web Inquiry system to view.
IF YOUR IMAGE WINDOW DISAPPEARS COMPLETELY
If your image window immediately disappears, your pop-up blockers are keeping it from displaying. Disable your pop-ups using these instructions.
If you prefer not to uninstall your pop-up blockers, you may add our site as a valid site for pop-ups. The instructions to do this will vary depending on the type of program or toolbar you are using, so you will need to check the documentation for that program or toolbar. Also, many of them will allow pop-ups if the CTRL key is used. When you are ready to view a document, hold the CTRL key down and then click the Image link.
IF YOU SEE A WHITE BOX AND NO IMAGE
Check the version number of your Internet Explorer. The new program is not compatible with Internet Explorer 6.0 or lower. If you are using a compatible version, note that there are two windows that come up when viewing. The first is for a security check and the second is the image. If you hang on that first window and never go to the second, your pop-up blockers are blocking the image. Disable them using these instructions. If the second window comes up but is blank, you may need to add our sites as Trusted sites. The instructions for this are in the next paragraph.
IF YOU ARE ABLE TO VIEW, BUT GET AN ERROR MESSAGE EVERY TIME THAT SAYS "FAILED TO LOAD POPUP BLOCKER ASSISTANT ACTIVEX CONTROL"
You must add our sites to your trusted sites. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options. Click the Security Tab, click on Trusted Sites, then click the button that says "Sites." Uncheck the box that says "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone. Under the line that says "Add this website to the zone:", type the following: "*.caddoclerk.com" and click the "Add" button. Click the "Close" button and then the "OK" button. Try to view again.
IF YOU CANNOT VIEW AFTER DOING A WINDOWS UPDATE OR INSTALLING A NEW PROGRAM
Windows Update and new programs can sometimes affect the Viewing ActiveX control. If you are unable to view images after doing a Windows update or installing a new program, reinstall the viewing ActiveX.
IF YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO VIEW INTERMITTENTLY
We have discovered that there may be conflicts between the ActiveX and some search toolbars, so if you are having intermittent problems viewing, try uninstalling ALL toolbars (Ask, Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc.) in Control Panel | Programs|Programs and Features. You can then reinstall each one back until you find the one that is causing the problem.
IF INTERNET EXPLORER CRASHES WHEN YOU TRY TO INSTALL THE ACTIVEX
1. Go to Control Panel/Add & Remove Programs (or Control Panel/Programs & Features)
2. Uninstall any program that says Hyland and/or Web or Image ActiveX Control
3. Go to c:\Program Files (or c:\Program Files(x64)) and look for a folder named Hyland.
4. Delete any files remaining in the Hyland folder.
5. Go to c:\Windows\System32 and (if it exists) C:\WIndows\SysWOW64 and delete any files that begin with the letters OBX.
6. Go to http://obwebserver.caddoclerk.com/onbasenew/clientsetup.aspx and follow the directions.
INTERNET EXPLORER 10 & 11.0
Sometimes a PC just simply will not work with the latest version of Internet Explorer because of other things installed on it. Here are instructions to back it to the last version on your PC.
- 1. Click Start, Control Panel
- 2. Go to Program and Features
- 3. Click on View Installed Updates
4. Scroll to the Microsoft Windows section and find Internet Explorer 11.0 (or 10.0)
5. Click once to highlight Internet Explorer 11.0 (or 10.0), then click Uninstall
Microsoft has a toolkit to prevent automatic update of the browser to 11.0 here: IE 11 Toolkit or you may change your Windows Update from "Automatic" to "Choose Which Updates to Install" in Control Panel under Windows Update.
IF THE SEVEN ACTIVEX FILES DOWNLOAD BUT DO NOT INSTALL
Check your version of Windows under Tools | About Internet Explorer. If you see 64-bit in the Version field, you are using the wrong version of the browser. You must use the 32-bit version. Click Start, All Programs and look for Internet Explorer. You should see two versions. DO NOT use the one that says 64-bit.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO VIEW AFTER TRYING EVERYTHING ABOVE
1. Go to Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features (Vista & Windows 7) or Control Panel/Add & Remove Programs (XP)
2. Uninstall any program that has Hyland, Web ActiveX Control, or Image ActiveX Control in the name
3. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and (if it exists) c:\WIndows\SysWOW64 and delete any files that begin with the (capital) letters OBX.
4. Check the following settings in Internet Explorer under “Tools | Internet Options | Security | Trusted sites” and select the “Custom Level” button.
5. Under “ActiveX Controls and Plug-Ins”:
“Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls” set to “Enable”
“Download signed ActiveX controls” set to or “Enable”
“Download unsigned ActiveX controls” set to “Prompt”
“Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting” is set to “Prompt”
“Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt” set to “Disable”
“Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting” set to “Enable”
6. Under “Downloads”:
“Automatic prompting for file downloads” should be set to “Enable”
7. Under "Miscellaneous":
“Allow script-initiated windows without size or position constraints” set to “Enable”
"Use Pop-up Blocker" set to "Disable"
8. Make sure the domain is a Trusted Site. This can be done under the setting “Tools | Internet Options | Security | Trusted sites” and select the “Sites” button. Uncheck the box that says "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone. Under the line that says "Add this website to the zone:", type the following: "*.caddoclerk.com" and click the "Add" button. Click the "Close" button and then the "OK" button.
9. Clear out Temporary Internet Files under “Tools | Internet Options | General Tab | Delete. Uncheck everything except Temporary Internet Files” and click the “Delete” button
10. Reboot your PC
11. Go to http://obwebserver.caddoclerk.com/onbasenew/clientsetup.aspx and follow the directions
IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO VIEW
Try downloading and installing the ActiveX manually by clicking here. Once the file is downloaded, double-click on the file and follow the directions to install. You may need to right-click on the file and choose "Run as Administrator" for it to install correctly.
IF YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY AND STILL CAN'T VIEW
If you are still unable to view, email email@example.com with your operating system version, your Internet Explorer version, and a screen shot of your Internet Explorer screen with the error or image window displayed.
IF YOU GET A 500 SERVER ERROR WHEN YOU CLICK "NEXT"
This error occurs for people who are trying to use the Firefox browser. Our web index search program is not compatible with Firefox.
IF INTERNET EXPLORER CRASHES WHEN ACCESSING INDEXES
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Tab
Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions."
IF YOU GET A "INCORRECT QUERY OR DOCUMENT REQUEST" ERROR MESSAGE
This is caused because either your account has been locked due to someone trying to login incorrectly a number of times, or there are no more viewing licenses available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your account is locked.
IF YOU ARE USING AN HTML IMAGE LINK AND BLANK PAGES PRINT
Make sure the box "Print as pdf" has a checkbox and print the image as a pdf. If you print a lot, we recommend you install the ActiveX viewer. You will have more control over how the image is printed. To receive a credit for these blank pages, email email@example.com and include what you were trying to print and how many blank pages you printed.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PRINTER ICON ABOVE YOUR IMAGE
Right-click on the blank area of the toolbar right above the image. Highlight Toolbars. Make sure "Viewer Control" is checked. If it isn't, click it to check it. Your toolbar with the print icon should appear. If you have the toolbar, but the print icon is grayed out, you do not have rights to print with your account. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have printing activated for your account.
IF YOUR PRINTER ICON IS GRAYED OUT
Either printing was never activated for your account (older accounts only), or your printing has been deactivated because copy charges were not paid. Contact email@example.com if you wish to activate printing.
IF YOU NEED AN IMAGE PRINTED LEGAL SIZE
If you are using html, you must use the "Print as pdf" option and change your settings in the pdf reader to legal. If you are using Active-X, you must change the setting on your printer itself.
IF YOUR IMAGE DISPLAYS SO LARGE TO CAN ONLY SEE THE TOP QUARTER.
The default display size is 100%. You can change this to fit your needs. Most people change it to Fit Width for easier viewing. You can change the size using the drop down box on the toolbar above the image (for Active-X viewing) or using the Zoom In, Zoom Out, Actual Size, Fit Width and Fit in Window icons (for html viewing).
IF YOU GET AN ERROR SAYING "ITEM NOT FOUND"
This means there is no image scanned for that item.
IF YOU NEED TO VIEW A PRE-1914 CONVEYANCE
In the Web Inquiry system, on either the main page or the Property Records page, left-click the link labeled "Conveyance Records - View Conveyance Images By Book & Page."
Enter your Book number. If you are looking for an alpha book, enter the numeric equivalent of the alphabetic character, i.e. A=1, B=2, etc. Tab and enter the page number. Click the "Search Book & Page" button. On the next page, click the "View Image" link.
The image window will display. On older books, you may have multiple hits. This is because there were often more than one instrument typed on a page, and there were also subbooks using the same book number. Double-click on each hit to find the instrument you are interested in viewing.
When you are finished viewing, close the image window. Then left-click the "New Search" button to return to your search.
IF YOU NEED TO VIEW A PLAT
In the Web Inquiry system, left-click the link labeled "Mortgage and Conveyance Records - View entire book"
Enter your Plat Book number. Do not enter a Subbook. Change Record Type to Conveyance, then left-click the "Search Book and Subbook" link.
A new window will appear with a listing of all pages in the book you requested. Please note that as you are asking for an entire book, it may take some time for the image window to appear. If the window does not appear after a reasonable amount of time, your pop-up blocker may be preventing it, and you may have to adjust your settings.
The pages of a book will oftentimes not be in order. You must search the list for the page you are interested in. If the page is not in the first listing, click the "Next Results" button at the top of the window until you find the appropriate page.
Double-click that page to view the image.
When you are finished viewing, close the image window. Then use the back arrow on the "View Entire Book" page to return to your search.
You may also use the "View Book & Page" option discussed above to view plats.
Our subdivision indexes are only available using the "Images" link on our main website at http://www.caddoclerk.com.
Log in using your regular User Name and password.
An Onbase window comes up that should show Custom Queries on the top left.
Scroll down until you see the Subdivision Index custom query.
Enter the first letter of the Subdivision name you wish to search for, then click the Binoculars at the bottom of the page.
Page through the index until you find the Subdivision you are searching for using the green right and left arrows above the image.
If the subdivision name has a registry number beside it, you may double-click on that number to view the plat. If it does not, you will need to make note of the book and page and use the "View Conveyance Images by Book and Page" option in our Web Inquiry system.
High-speed access is recommended STRONGLY for viewing images.
Wireless internet connectivity can slow down image display. If your access is sluggish and you use wireless, you might try moving closer to the wireless router or trying a wired router to see if your speed improves.
Adware and spyware can interfere with images. You should run some kind of adware blocking program regularly.
If you prefer your image larger or in a window by itself, right-click on the item in the hit list in the top right pane. One of the options will be to open the image in its own window. Click there and you will be able to maximize the image to fill the screen.