Property Records

The Property Records of Caddo Parish begin in the year 1839.

The Mortgage and Conveyance Index Books are kept in the Record Room of the Caddo Parish Clerk's Office. These Index Books are used by attorneys, title examiners, and the general public when researching land. The records are indexed by name and in order of time filed. The Index Books show the book and page number of the Mortgage or Conveyance Book that holds a copy of the original instrument. All copies have a date, time, and instrument number stamped on them. This instrument number is what is used when requesting a copy of the original instrument. Some of the different types of instruments filed in the Clerk's Office are Deeds, Mortgages, Right of Ways, Power of Attorneys, Judgments, and Tax Liens.

Cancellations, "Not Him" letters, and partial releases are completed in the Record Room and are signified on the instrument by a red stamp or a written notation.

Deputy Clerks in the Record Room also run Mortgage Certificates for a cost of $20.00 for the first name and $10.00 for each extra name or spouse. A mortgage certificate is not a title examination. It is only a search of the mortgage records from date of purchase by the name provided as it effects the legal description provided. A Mortgage Certificate will show all outstanding mortgages or liens as it applies to the above and any outstanding judgment of tax liens for the last ten years. A Mortgage Certificate usually takes two days to complete.

Any applicable fees must be paid in advance.

Deputy Clerks in the Record Room can help find a document for you but cannot do a title search. They will, however, be glad to show you how to use our records and answer all questions that they can.

The Clerk's Office began indexing property records on the computer in the early 80's. We began scanning these records in 1995. Since that time, we have indexed conveyances back to 1914 and back scanned conveyances back to 1838. We are currently in the process of back scanning mortgages as well.

Foreign Investors Reminded of 90 Day Reporting Rule

Foreigners who have bought or sold agricultural land in Caddo Parish, have 90 days to report the transaction to the Farm Service Agency. The Foreign Disclosure Report must be filed if all or part of the agricultural land is sold, or the title is transferred to another person.

Under the Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act (AFIDA), all foreign owners of United States agricultural land are required to report their holdings, acquisitions, dispositions, leases of 10 years or more, and land-use changes to FSA. The Farm Service Agency (FSA) is responsible for monitoring how much agricultural land in Caddo Parish is owned or controlled by foreign individuals or interest.

The AFIDA requirement is still in effect and those who fail to report or who are late reporting could face a civil penalty of up to 25 percent of the fair market value of the interests held in the agricultural land.

For reporting purposes, agricultural land is defined as any tract of more than 10 acres now in farming, ranching, forestry, or timber production. This includes land in agricultural use when purchased, as well as land later converted to agricultural use. Foreigners who own or have an interest in 10 acres or less do not need to report unless annual proceeds from the sale of agricultural products grown on these acres exceed $1,000.

County government offices, realtors, attorneys and others involved in real estate transactions are reminded to notify FSA of all foreign investor land transactions.

Form FSA-153 - Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act Report.


The Caddo Parish Clerk of Court accepts the following credit/debit cards for payment of local charges subject to the assessment of a convenience fee as allowed by law:

Convenience Fees

Fees Beginning August 1, 2017

Conveyance or Mortgage (includes indexing up to 10 names, 1 certified copy and LCRAA fee*). 1-5 pages
6-25 pages
26-50 pages
Over 50 pages
$305.00 + $5.00 for each additional page
Instruments filed in both Conveyance and Mortgage are assessed separately according to the schedule above, with only one LCRAA fee* charged.
Subdivision Plats and Surveys (includes indexing up to 10 names, 1 certified copy and LCRAA fee*).
Each page after first page:



Act or Affidavit to cancel a single mortgage, lien or privilege on a single property (includes LCRAA fee*) $55.00
Mortgage Certificates
(For one definable property only)
$20.00 one name and one property
$10.00 each additional name
$1.00 each exception after 10
Clear Lien Certificates
Indexing $5.00 per name over 10 names
Copies $1.00 per page
Certification $10.00 per document plus copy costs
Documents larger than 8.5"x14" Additional $20.00 per page
On Line Computer Service - Yearly (January - December) $360.00 per year

*Pursuant to R.S. 13:754, the $5.00 LCRAA fee shall be collected in the cost of each recorded document for parishes in the statewide portal.


Act of De-Immobilization of Mobile Home

Act of Donation

Affidavit of Marital Status

Affidavit to Immobilize Mobile Home

Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act Report

Amended Bonding Certificate

Bonding Certificate

Cancellation Instructions

Cancellation By Prescription (not for Judicial Mortgages)

Cash Sale Deed (Short)

Cash Sale Deed (Long)

Credit Deed

Labor and Materials Lien

Lien Bond

Lost Note Affidavit


Mortgage Note

Order for Certificate

Quit Claim Deed

Recording Fees

Release By Obligee of Record

Request For Cancellation

Request For Cancellation By Licensed Financial Institution

Request For Cancellation Of Prescribed Judicial Mortgage

Trade Name Agreement

Unenforceable Encumbrance(Word document)

Uniform Request and Cancellation Affidavit

Records Links

Copies of Property Records

Form FSA-153 - Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act Report.

Starting a Small Business

For More Information
Call 318-226-6780